Our Periodontal Specialist
Ann Mineo Kania, DDS, DMSc
Dr. Ann Kania graduated with honors from UC Santa Barbara with a Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology. She received her dental degree from the University of California, San Francisco. While at UCSF she was selected as a Regents Scholarship Fellow—one of only two recipients of the prestigious award. Dr. Kania completed her Residency in Periodontology at Harvard School of Dental Medicine. While at Harvard, she also earned her Doctorate of Medical Science to elucidate the microbiology of connective tissue. During this training, she was awarded the National Research Service award.
Dr. Kania has been a practicing specialist in the field of Periodontics and dental implants in San Diego’s North County since 1997. She has earned a reputation for providing the highest quality periodontal and dental implant care possible.
Dr. Kania continues to evaluate treatment options that improve patient acceptance, comfort and clinical results. She is a Fellow of the Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry, as well as certified in PST™ (pinhole surgical technique) gum grafting.
Dr. Kania is one of an elite group of Board Certified Periodontists in Southern California, and in 2004 she earned the highest distinction given to Periodontists—that of being named Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. As a board certified Periodontist, she has achieved the highest recognition of achievement awarded to dental specialists in the field of Periodontology and dental implants.
Professional Memberships & Societies
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Osseointegration
- International Team for Implantology
- Fellow, Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
- California Society of Periodontists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- San Diego County Dental Association
- Leader, Spear Study Club
Dr. Kania Specializes in:
- Diagnosis and treatment of periodontal diseases (gum disease)
- Gingival augmentation and gum grafts (using the Pinhole Surgical Technique)
- Site preparation for restorative treatment; crown lengthening
- Site preparation for and placement of dental implants; bone grafting and sinus grafting
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Kania
As a board-certified periodontist, Dr. Ann M. Kania is specially qualified to diagnose and treat issues concerning periodontal tissue and the supportive structures of a patient’s smile, as well as to place dental implants to restore teeth lost to dental disease or trauma. Dr. Kania also offers laser treatment with the LANAP protocol and the Pinhole® Surgical Technique (PST) for minimally-invasive, scalpel-free gum grafting. To learn more, schedule a consultation with Dr. Kania by calling her periodontal office in Encinitas/San Diego, CA, at (760) 642-0711.